Are you ready for a Kiva loan?
Kiva is the world's first online crowd-lending platform, connecting entrepreneurs around the world (like you!) with over one million individual lenders. Leveraging the Internet and a global network of Field Partners (including the Alliance), Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 each to help create opportunity. Hundreds of people fund each loan on the Kiva website.
Check out this month's Digital Learning Series (now available in the Alliance Member Portal!) session to learn more about the online Kiva lending platform, the Alliance-Kiva Artisan Loan Program process and requirements, and frequently asked questions from potential borrowers. Find more information about the Alliance-Kiva Artisan Loan Program and complete an application here!
Join the Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco in Peru for TINKUY 2017!
The Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco is dedicated to the survival of Cusqueñan textile traditions and the support to the indigenous people who create them. November 8-11, 2017, CTTC will host the second TINKUY conference, an international gathering of textile artists and enthusiasts, art historians, anthropologists, and more to celebrate the wealth and diversity of textile traditions across the globe. Join us in Cusco, Peru to attend the conference, or sponsor a weaver to join the festivities. Find registration information here, or email Gina Rogari to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
- Hear from Sasi Kimis, founder of Earth Heir, on Creative Mornings
- ABURY recently teamed up with Sidai Designs; learn more about their classic warrior bracelets on the ABURY blog
- Explore trends and takeaways from this month's NYNOW show from AOW Handmade
- Register now to attend the annual Heshima Kenya Fashion Challenge on April 27!
- Join Serrv, Raven + Lily, and more at this year's Fair Trade Federation's 360 Fair Trade Conference
- Learn how craft workers are becoming businesspeople from BBC News
- 22 days left! Support Luis Mendez Artesano's crowd-funding campaign on Verkami
- Are you reaching out to millennial consumers, the biggest consumer block in the United States? Read tips and tricks from NYNOW Industry Insights
- Take a closer look at the women behind Mata Artisans in a special feature in Hand/Eye Magazine
Did we miss something? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with updates from your organization to be featured in next month's letter.
Are you interested in expanding your network of trade shows, markets, and other events this year? Explore upcoming events for artisan businesses around the world in the Alliance Member Portal (password: alliance2012). Find relevant contact information, application details, and 2017 deadlines here!
Then, explore the full list of current Alliance for Artisan Enterprise member organizations, and get in touch today!
Header image from Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco