Our work matters more than ever.
At a time of such momentous change, it is so important for us to continue working to support small scale artisans around the world and to believe we can create positive change. Thank you for your ongoing support of the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise community and your belief in the potential of artisan entrepreneurs everywhere!
The Alliance team encourages each of you to continue building relationships with one another, and take full advantage of Alliance programs this year. Explore our impact in our 2016 Impact Report. Catch up with our program offerings in the Alliance Member Portal (password: alliance2012). Finally, if you missed this year's annual Handmade is Human forum, watch the keynote remarks and panel sessions online now!
Plan your 2017 calendar!
Are you interested in expanding your network of trade shows, markets, and other events this year? Explore upcoming events for artisan businesses around the world in the Alliance Member Portal (password: alliance2012). Find relevant contact information, application details, and 2017 deadlines here!
Sign up to pilot the Artisan Innovation Workshop:
At Handmade is Human in December 2016, the Alliance introduced the updated Artisan Innovation Workshop to members and friends. Before we can fully release the tool to artisan businesses around the world, the Alliance needs your help to pilot the Workshop and share your feedback. If you are interested in hosting a day-long Artisan Innovation Workshop pilot session with artisans in your home community, please contact Gina Rogari at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Preference will be given to organizations that work with artisan producers in Georgia, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Peru, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Rwanda, and Turkey.
Welcome to the Alliance community!
- Artisna | an artisan marketplace connecting global consumers with handmade crafts
- DANDELION | contemporary rugs handmade in Afghanistan
- Living Textiles of Mexico | Sharing Mexican textiles & textile events
- Nü Market | advancing economic opportunity in rural China by expanding women's market access
- Sprout Enterprise | artisans, designers and entrepreneurs creating sustainable livelihoods for rural communities
- Be Snazzy | a marketplace for discovering different, funky, and snazzy accessories made in India & Morocco
- Pangea | home decor & accessories made in Sierra Leone
- ME to WE | socially conscious products to help you do good through your everyday choices
- Thread Caravan is offering Alliance members & friends an exclusive discount on upcoming 2017 trips. Learn more about their upcoming Panama visit, and use the code "artisanalliance" for $150 off your experience!
- Do you run a brick & mortar store? Increase your sales and impact with these merchandising tips from NYNOW
- Read the story of Mercado Global partner artisan Julia Par Yaxon, new on their blog
- Register now for By Hand Consulting's Artisan & Handmade Seminar Series at NYNOW!
- Women's Partnership Market is hiring a project manager to lead the Artisans' Thrive Training Program in Guatemala - apply today!
- Explore the richness of Polish cutouts with My Poland
Did we miss something? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with updates from your organization to be featured in next month's letter.