#ChooseArtisan this holiday season!
Happy holidays! On Friday, November 6, 2015, 585 voices merged to tell over 2.5 million people that the artisan sector matters. These voices came from all over the world - messages were shared by artisans, artisan supporters, organizations, policymakers, and more!
The movement is just beginning. Continue using the #ChooseArtisan hashtag to show the extraordinary diversity and breadth of artisan enterprise. Posts on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook will be added to the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise Social Wall.
This holiday season, the Alliance is proud to support #ShopSmall. Over half of our member organizations are artisan businesses – organizations that work directly with artisans around the world to design, produce, and sell handcrafted products.
Starting on Small Business Saturday, November 28, 2015, #ChooseArtisan and #ShopSmall. Use your purchasing power for good by supporting artisan businesses around the world. Follow the Alliance on social media to learn more about how to get involved and see features from member organizations!
Recent visits: the Alliance meets Artesanias de Colombia & Mincetur de Peru
This November, Alliance Director Peggy Clark visited artisan groups and government agencies in Colombia and Peru. She explored local artisan cooperatives and learned about traditional handcrafted goods. On November 6, 2015, Peggy shared the launch of the #ChooseArtisan Thunderclap with Artesanias de Colombia.
Watch a short video chronicling Peggy's tour of Artesanias de Colombia on the Alliance YouTube channel!
- ABURY is accepting applications for its Design Experience program for artisan businesses - Alliance members are encouraged to apply! Contactgina.firstname.lastname@example.org for details ASAP
- Global Goods Partners celebrates its 10th anniversary
- The Lindblad Expeditions National Geographic Artisan Fund is honored by the National Defense Board of Ecaudor and the Galapagos in recognition of the help and support provided over the years
- Heshima Kenya throws its "Fashion Challenge" in Chicago, IL, featuring handcrafted scarves by the Maisha Collective
- Kate Spade #on_purpose team visits artisans in Masoro, Rwanda
- Mela Artisans continues its healthcare initiative for Indian artisans
- Ock Pop Tok is featured in the New York Times' "36 Hours in Luang Prabang, Laos"
- Run by Rural and Kiva participate in Impact Hub DC's Artisans & Innovators Bazaar
- TreadRight grantee TRIA ETC. is featured in the Vancouver Sun
- International Folk Art Alliance (IFAA) hosts Holiday Pop-Up Market
Did we miss something? Email email@example.com with updates from your organization to be featured in next month's letter!
Welcome new Alliance members!
This month, the Alliance for Artisan Enteprise welcomed 2 new members to our collaborative network. Learn more about the organizations below, and get in touch by using the member directory on the Alliance member portal. Find profiles of all current Alliance members on our website.