This Friday! Handmade is Human at the Aspen Institute
On December 2, the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise will host Handmade is Human at the Aspen Institute in Washington, DC - our annual gathering of members, partners, and friends. Thank you for sharing quotes, images, and videos explaining why you believe "handmade is human!" Follow the Alliance on Facebook, Twitter, and our blog to receive updates from the forum and see your submissions in action.
Supporting Tibetan entrepreneurs on Kiva
This month, the Alliance posted the stories of four extraordinary entrepreneurs preserving ancient techniques and increasing local incomes in Tibetan regions of China. The four loans were funded on Kiva in record time! Follow the Alliance on Kiva to learn more about all of our artisan business borrowers, and support their work to create employment opportunities for local artisans across the globe.
Thank you for your ongoing support as we increase access to credit for artisan businesses across the globe. Are you interested in participating in the Alliance-Kiva Artisan Loan Program? Learn more and complete and application in the Alliance member portal today (password: alliance2012)!
- Did you miss the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise at TEDWomen this October? Read more about the Global Showcase on the TED blog!
- Join Women's Partnership Market on Indiegogo as the organization plans to launch and train two new sustainable artisan cooperatives in Guatemala and Ghana
- Download AOW Handmade's new behind-the-scenes look at Moroccan artisan enterprises today!
- Learn more about traditional Polish ceramics from My Poland, featured on the Alliance blog
- This month, TO THE MARKET celebrated 2 years of bringing survivor-made goods to global markets; read more on their blog
- The holiday season has begun! Celebrate giving well with Kakaw Designsand every Alliance member bringing handcrafted goods to the global market
- Target has made a commitment to responsible sourcing and sustainable design in partnership with Alliance member Goodweave!
- Mayan Hands, founded in 1989, partners with 200+ weavers throughout Guatemala; learn more about their work with The Little Market on their blog
- Learn about Andrea Bury, the creator of ABURY, in a new interview with Sparkle Mag
- Download the new resource guide "How to Travel Sensitively and Sensibly in Textile Cultures," free on the Clothroads website!
Did we miss something? Email email@example.com with updates from your organization to be featured in next month's letter.
The Alliance community now contains over 125 unique members and partners. Take advantage of their extraordinary skills, knowledge, and experience and get in touch today!
Find our member directories, artisan loan application, logo, and other important resources in the Alliance member portal using the password alliance2012.