Thanks for a great 2015, Alliance members!
2015 has been an extraordinary year for the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise.Thank you, members, for making it possible!
In 2016, let's keep the momentum going. Join the Alliance in our efforts to grow, form new and effective partnerships, and better serve our members. Early this year, the Alliance will release a comprehensive Membership Survey. We hope each of you will take the time to complete this review of our community, so that we can better serve our network and tackle the barriers facing artisan enterprise around the world.
More details coming soon!
The Alliance in the Washington Post:
This Christmas, the Washington Post asked, does "artisanal" equal "special"? Alliance for Artisan Enterprise director Peggy Clark shared her input on the appeal of the artisan sector, recognizing "the global market is really demanding and craving this authentic human element." Read the full feature in the Washington Post here!
Holiday gift guides, featuring our members!
This December, more than 10 members of the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise were featured in major holiday shopping gift guides. Congratulations! Explore the beautiful products crafted by your fellow Alliance members:
- IFAA, Global Goods Partners, Ock Pop Tok, ibu movement & ClothRoads in Folk Ark's "Holiday Gift Guide: Kids & Decorations"
- Fibre Tibet's cashmere and cotton throw in Architectural Digest's "14 Gifts that Give Back This Holiday Season"
- "Gift Ideas from the International Folk Art Market" on The Martha Blog
- Global Goods Partners' recycled tire travel kit in Journal Sentinel's "10 Holiday Gifts that Also Give Back"
- Made By Survivors featured in "8 Ways to Give Back this Holiday Season" on Market Watch
- Sasa Designs by the Deaf, kate spade's "On Purpose" line, and Global Goods Partners in "19 Beautiful Gifts that Give Back Beautifully" on Cool Mom Picks
- MitiMeth, Sasa Designs by the Deaf, and more in Lionesses of Africa's "48 Wonderful Holiday Season Gift Ideas, Handcrafted and Woman-Made in Africa"
- Heshima Kenya in "5 Tips to Shop Ethical this Holiday Season" by NOVAA
- Global Goods Partners in the Cultureist's "10 Holiday Gift Ideas that Empower Women to Rise Above Poverty"
- Artisan Connect in Rustic Pathway's "10 Gifts on Every Traveler's Wish List"
See and shop products from every Alliance member on our website!
- Find tips on becoming a successful artisan entrepreneur and growing your business on Share America
- Learn how Mela Artisans works to create "a bridge from the artisan's village into every household in the developed world," on Forbes
- Take a look inside Ock Pop Tok's Living Craft Centre in this video from blogger and designer Isabel Thrun
- Get to know GlobeIn's CEO Sepideh Nasiri on Affinity
- Watch the #HKFashionChallenge by Heshima Kenya and the Maisha Collective!
- Learn about Indian Artizan's all-women board, featured on Business Insider
- Laboratorio Brozzetti's history and weaving traditions are featured inItalian Notebook
Did we miss something? Email email@example.com with updates from your organization to be featured in next month's letter!
#ChooseArtisan campaign continues!
The #ChooseArtisan campaign continued throughout December on the Alliance Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and social wall! Follow our social media pages to learn more about your fellow Alliance members, and finish your holiday shopping! Shop our members here, and continue spreading the #ChooseArtisan message!
Looking to connect?
As 2015 draws to a close, start thinking about the connections you plan to make next year. Start by using your Alliance network. Find contact information, social media profiles, and past event materials on the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise member portal (password: Alliance2012)!Reach out for details on upcoming events, markets, and campaigns, and stay in touch with the Alliance on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Do you know any artisan businesses, support organizations, or individuals looking to join the collaborative Alliance network in 2016?Spread the word! Find more details about membership here.